Accessibility to the CAHS Website
For information about CAHS commitment to ensuring accessibility to our services, please see the Disability Access and Inclusion Plan.
This site is produced by the Child and Adolescent Health Service. It aims in providing comprehensive information about the Service and its departments. This page covers four important guides to using this website in an effort to improve accessibility:
- Text resizing - how to resize the text size viewed on screen within the browser to enhance readability
- Using the site - how to use the website and its features
- Printer friendly - how to print web pages from this website
- File Formats - file formats of documents on this site and how to install optional plug-ins to access additional media features
This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment
- rural and regional users
- those with non-PC internet devices including hand held devices and mobile phones
Please note that you can also Contact Us to request documents on this website in the following formats:
- electronic plain text file
You can make the text larger or smaller on this site, or on any website you visit by changing the settings on your computer.
To check which version of Internet browser is installed on your machine:
- open your browser
- select Help from the top menu of your browser
- select About (followed by your browser name) from the drop down list.
The screen that comes up will display which browser and version you are using.
How to Change the Text Size
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or 6.0
- Select View menu, click on Text size and choose a size from the options Largest to Smallest .
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2 (Macintosh)
- Click View menu, click on Text Zoom and choose a size from the options 50% - 300% or Larger or Smaller .
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0
- Select View menu, click on Internet Options and choose Fonts and change the size to Small or Large .
- Netscape 6.0, and 4.0
- Select Edit menu and click on Preferences. A new window will open. Select Appearance from the left hand side menu within the new window. Under Fonts reset the size (for example, 10, 12, 14 and so on).
- Select View menu, click on Text size and choose either Increase or Decrease the font size.
- Select View menu, click on Text Zoom, and choose a percentage size or select Larger or Smaller .
- Select View menu, click on Zoom, and then select a size from the list.
- Select View menu and click Make Text Bigger to increase the font size or Make Text Smaller to reduce the font size.
Using the Site
The site has the following navigational features to aid you in your visiting experience
Covers all aspects of the Department's services and areas of interest to citizens.
Search the web site to find what you want directly with keywords.
Helps you to determine the location of the page that you are viewing at the time.
Covers topics of interest that are specific and related to what you see on the page.
Throughout the web site, every page is printer friendly. Simply use the Print function of your browser to print whichever page you like. The Print function is usually located under the File menu of your browser window.
When a web page is printed, it will only print the title of the page, the location of the page as well as the content. Navigation menus are automatically removed for your convenience to improve readability on paper.