Compliments and complaints

We welcome your feedback, both positive and negative. It helps us provide you with a better service that meets our vision of healthy kids, healthy communities.

Sharing a compliment

We love to hear when one of our staff or teams have gone above and beyond when caring for your child. All compliments are shared with the staff member or team mentioned, and sometimes we share them on social media (with your permission!).

Stars of CAHS - nominate a staff member

If you feel a CAHS staff member has shown exceptional performance in the demonstration of the CAHS values of compassion, collaboration, equity, respect, excellence and accountability, you can nominate them for a Stars of CAHS Award.

Find out more about nominating one our staff members.

Making a complaint

Speak to someone first

We encourage you to discuss your concerns directly with the person, their manager, ward or department first. It’s the quickest and easiest way to resolve an issue.

Still concerned?

If you don’t feel like your issue has been addressed, you can use one of the ways to give feedback below through our Consumer Engagement team. 

What we will do with your feedback


Once we have received your feedback, we may contact you to talk to you about your experience. All compliments are fed back to the relevant areas and shared with staff. All complaints are acknowledged within five working days, investigated and responded to within 30 working days. If there is a further delay due to the complexity of your feedback, we will let you know.

Take action

Your feedback drives improvements to the services we provide to children and families of Western Australia. Complete our online feedback form here.

Ways to give feedback

1. Online

Complete our online feedback form here.

2. Care Opinion

You can also share your experience on Care Opinion, an independent feedback platform for health services in Australia. 

Care Opinion Australia in 2 minutes from Care Opinion Australia on Vimeo.

3. Email

4. Form

Download and print the CAHS feedback form (PDF 4MB)

5. Phone

Our Consumer Engagement team on (08) 6456 0032 between 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

6. In person

Chat to one of our friendly Consumer Engagement staff in the Ronald McDonald Family Room, Ground Level at Perth Children's Hospital. They are available to talk between 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

7. Hearing or speech services

For TTY or modem users, call 133 677 and quote (08) 6456 0032, SMS Relay: 0423 677 767

Last Updated: 24/11/2023